Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Our campaign is committed to providing an environment for our volunteers that is free of harassment or any other behavior that devalues a person’s integrity and self-esteem. Conduct, whether abusive, harassing, or offensive in nature whether verbal, physical, or visual is unacceptable and will not be tolerated by any member of our campaign or volunteers. If you experience anything that makes you feel uncomfortable in any way, you are encouraged to speak out and to report all harassment to the appropriate campaign staffer when it occurs.
- Volunteers will not use their position within this campaign to solicit or conduct business for personal benefit or gain, or for the benefit of relatives or close relationships.
- If you have any issues while a member of this team, please address it with the appropriate person in an appropriate way. It is perfectly normal to get aggravated, frustrated, or angry while working on a campaign. We all experience a wide range of emotions while living the campaign life, but we all must deal with these issues like adults. Yelling and swearing at anyone (staffer, volunteer, voter, etc.) is unprofessional, demoralizing, and will not be tolerated. Problems with supervisors, co-workers, the campaign, or a volunteer should be dealt with privately with the Field Director and/or Campaign Manager.
- Always assume that other campaigns and the media are paying attention to you in order to find ways to infiltrate the campaign. Your desk, your trash, etc. Too many campaigns have been undermined by carelessness with confidential inside information. Therefore, don’t leave campaign papers/plans lying around. Always maintain confidentiality.
- You are an ambassador for David Kim. How you act, what you say, what you do, what you wear reflects on the campaign and David Kim. When you are working for the campaign in ANY way, you need to remember that. Also note, it is illegal to deface or remove any campaign signs from any campaign whether for or against the candidate.
I agree to abide by the following guidelines: I will display appropriate behavior towards voters and the public. I will treat each volunteer, staffer, voter, and citizen with respect and dignity. I will refrain from using profanity, intimidation tactics, and inappropriate language. I will uphold the authority of the campaign staff. I will never volunteer under the influence of drugs or alcohol. I will never initiate or participate in any form of verbal or physical assault on any staff, volunteer, official, voter, or person. I will not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, social class, or religion.