David’s approach to policy making is driven by several simple principles:
- We are all created equal. No soul is lesser than another.
- We were born to fully appreciate life, not to work every hour of every day.
- No one should go without food, housing, healthcare, or education in the wealthiest nation in the world.
- Government exists to serve and empower the people, not corporations, special interests, or profit margins.
We haven’t yet reached a nation guided by these values. There’s more to be done:
- 78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck.
- 60,000 brothers and sisters lack housing in Los Angeles County.
- Corporations fund political campaigns, subverting our democracy.
- Innocent undocumented brothers and sisters seeking refuge are deported and families are separated.
- Some of America’s largest corporations pay no federal taxes.
- The three richest Americans hold more wealth than the bottom 50%.
- America has 22% of the world’s incarcerated population, despite constituting less than 5% of the global population. Black Americans are incarcerated at five times the rate of white Americans.
- American foreign policy decisions have contributed to the deaths of thousands of civilians, violated the human rights of many more, and destabilized entire nations.
We’re fighting for an America that protects our equality and human rights; an America that serves the people.